Thursday, February 19, 2009

Project Topic


Thursday February 19, 2009

In statistics class, we have to come up with a topic that effect New Orleanians and we can analyze the data. I decided to focus on the Head Starts that are located in Jefferson Parish and Orleans Parish. My research question is how the levels of the four-year-olds compare at the different Head Starts and the different Parishes? I decided to choose that question because my mom is a Head Start Teacher Advisor, and she was wondering if the levels of the children at the different Head Starts differ. I think it would be interesting to find a correlation between the students’ level and the schools’ location and the schools’ attendance. It would fascinating to find out if Jefferson Parish students have a higher level before they start school compared to Orleans Parish. Also, knowing which Head Start is the best to send a child would be an interesting fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment