Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gettin' the Word Out


Many people try to become famous and for this project my teacher wants us to get the word out about them. So she wanted us to answer the questions: Who is this data going to be useful for? How are we going to get the word out? And why would our topic be interesting to others? I think the best way to get the word out is to call and email various newspapers and news stations that may be interested in my topic. I plan on getting in touch with the newspaper by calling them or summiting an article to them. The media should be interested in the topics that me and my classmates chose to do. I also think we should also help each other in getting the word out. For example, if I know a food critic for a newspaper, then I would give his contact information to Alex Any way we could help each other, then we should. since she is doing her project on restaurants.

The data is going to be useful to people that wants to know the answer to the question: How do the citizens of Jefferson Parish spend their free time? People spend plenty of their time watching television and playing video games instead of exercising or reading books. The amount of time spent watching television limits the time people spend exercising which can contribute to the obesity level. (Here is a website that speaks of the obesity rates in Louisiana http://www.dhh.louisiana.gov/offices/?ID=270). Nutritionist, dietitians, and people worried about their nutrition would be interesting to them. It would also be useful to parents to see how much time them and their children spend watching television that could be spent on other activities. Obesity is plaguing the nation, and there is things that could done to prevent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment