Friday, April 3, 2009

Random ACT Louisiana Facts


An interesting fact is St. Tammany Parish has made the highest ACT composite score for 2006 and 2007 with a score of 21.6 for both years. Also, it is higher than the Louisiana and National average scores for both years. The lowest parish score is East Feliciana with a 15.2 in 2007 and East Carroll with a 15.3 in 2006. Orleans Parish surprisingly only made the lowest 10 once in 2005 with a score of 17.0. The parish ranked 61 out of 66. I’m sure many may be interested in Jefferson Parish’s rank but the Almanac doesn’t give it. But in 2007, Jefferson Parish had a mean composite score of 18.6.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I know you're having a little trouble picking a research question, so I'm going to try and make some suggestions. First, maybe you could compare the ACT test scores of magnet schools to "typical" public schools. You could even take that one step further and compare the ACT scores of private schools vs. public, for as you know there is much stipulation on which schools score higher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good suggestion "alexdee." It is very similar to what I am doing. Since I am halfway done with collecting my data, I would suggest that you speak with your principal first and present her your new data analysis toolbox. I was rejected by one of the schools I wanted to survey because they said I had to go to the school board and get permission since these were human subjects. And I was just asking a simple question: How many minutes on average do you spend doing homework on a school night? Finding out the ACT Scores from students or schools might be a bit more confidential, as some may thing, and I suggest you talk to your teacher first and see how she says you should go about collecting your data so that none of your data collection sources say no to you.

    ReplyDelete